SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Leads and manages a team of approximately 50 employees that perform engineering support, workpaper/measure development and maintenance, program management, systems support, processing, and inspections for SDG&E’s energy efficiency and demand response programs. Oversees emerging technologies, codes and standards, and zero net energy programs; interfacing with high profile customers, the CPUC Energy Division and their consultants and other key stakeholders on technical programs, projects and workpapers; and providing excellent operational and systems support to the Customer Programs department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the workflow, evaluation, and approval of custom projects for validation of energy savings.
- Manage the technical support on regulatory proceedings, advice letters and data requests addressing energy efficiency and demand response issues and Energy Division project reviews.
- Manage the technical support for the identification, development and maintenance of energy efficiency and demand response measures.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the long-term strategy related to emerging technologies, codes, and standards, and zero net energy programs, including gaining internal and statewide consensus on positions, plans and programs.
- Oversee support functions including systems support and enhancements (includes demand response management system, energy efficiency collaboration platform, and CARE systems), processing and inspections for EE, CA and DR programs.
- Develop detailed plans to accomplish goals, including KPI and SLA development and tracking, coordination with other business units and the training and mentoring of staff, ensuring compliance with program implementation policies and procedures.
- Manage the development and implementation of processes and procedures for engineering analysis and support for energy efficiency and demand response programs and projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties)