Customer Generation Team Lead – 21-61149
SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Provide guidance, direction, and leadership to the Electric Rule 21 and Wholesale Distribution Open Access Tariff (WDAT) interconnection process and ensure that SDG&E is tracking, monitoring and communicating all interconnection rules to stakeholders and employees. Represent SDG&E in regulatory and/or legislative proceedings at the CPUC, CEC, FERC and CA Legislature in the interconnection process. Establish goals and objectives for the members of the team to ensure the efficiency and productivity of the team. Ensure that all company policies and safety procedures will be complied with throughout the team.
This position will work with Contractors through the Contract Manager directly or their back office support for any assigned work, to lead status meetings with the contract manager to review progress and quality of assigned work. This position will assist as needed with providing SDG&E protocols, scope of work, and contract adjustments where valid and approved by SDG&E.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads, directs priorities and provides support to the Customer Generation team. Pursue process improvements that improve the customer experience and optimize efficiencies. Leads status meetings with the contract manager to review progress and quality of assigned contractor work. Addresses ad hoc customer and SDG&E internal issues related to Electric Rule 21 and WDAT interconnection and study processes.
- Contributes to the interconnection regulatory and policy strategy, reviews and provides comments on all interconnection regulatory matters. Processes and tracks all Rule 21 and WDAT projects.
- Applies the Electric Rule 21 and WDAT tariff appropriately for all interconnecting customers. Oversees that all Rule 2 contracts and interconnection agreements are prepared accurately and in a timely manner.
- Develops and maintains appropriate alliances with contractors and internal customers. Oversee the development and implementation of the Distribution Interconnection Information System (DIIS) Database enhancements.
- Responsible for all aspects of employee management, including performance management, training and development. Monitor and track all vacation, sick leave and time off for the team members. Help develop educational goals to enhance the team’s abilities to accomplish their jobs more efficiently. Communicate with team members on the changing status of programs as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Finance, Engineering, related field or equivalent training and/or experience.
- 5 years – Relevant experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively across a diverse audience of employees and stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of the energy industry and changing state/federal regulatory environments, including the ability to understand key and complex regulatory, legislative issues facing the company.
- Strong project management and organizational skills (deadline oriented) required.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills required, including effective negotiation and persuasive skills.
- Requires the ability to positively influence others, gains respect, cooperation, and support.
- Working knowledge of electrical design, cost estimating, right-of-way issues, rule interpretations/tariffs, billing, distribution operations and distribution planning preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status