Customer Generation Manager – 21-60471
SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Provide direction for all distribution interconnected generation projects. Support mandated SDGE Renewable Portfolio Standard (RPS) projects. Manage compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local jurisdictional regulations and tariffs. Oversee and develop policies and procedures for distribution interconnection coordination with other Calif. IOU’s and regulatory agencies. Ensure requirements for safety are met for all policies and projects. Coordinate with internal and external customers/stakeholders, including SDGE Distribution Planning, Protection Engineering, New Business/Project Management, Advanced Metering Operations, Billing, Electric Gas Procurement, and others.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages and develops policies and procedures for the distribution interconnection process, including FERC Wholesale Distribution Access Tariff (WDAT) and CPUC Rule 21.
- Advocates for the company at statewide stakeholder meetings, including Rule 21/Wholesale Distribution Access Tariff.
- Coordinates with external customers on policies and procedures, for distribution interconnections.
- Oversees work with state and federal regulatory agencies on distribution interconnection issues.
- Manages compliance with published SDGE tariffs.
- Oversees public and employee safety in accordance with established industry norms.
- Oversees integrity of related database for billing and technical accuracy.
- Ensures safety of immediate workgroup (i.e. office and driving safety).
Oversees mandated training for employees, including compliance and job specific training.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Finance or Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 8 years experience in engineering, project management, utility constructions or other related area.
- Ability to communicate effectively across a diverse audience of employees and stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of electrical design, cost estimating, right-of-way issues, rule interpretations/tariffs, billing, distribution operations and distribution planning required.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of different generation technologies, including solid state inverters, induction, and synchronous devices required.
- Understanding of electric gas metering standards as they relate to distribution generation required.
- Must be able to travel.
- Experience as a SDGE Customer Project Planner
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.