SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
This position serves as an important resource for data- based insights related to customers. Responsible for querying data, and providing meaningful displays of findings to support customer facing areas such as marketing, outreach and communication, in order to aid in their understanding of diverse customer population and their engagement with our services/programs. Utilizes querying and data manipulation techniques to acquire data from various siloed databases for various purposes, such as supporting communications with customers and key performance reporting. Provides information relevant to customer targeting and campaign effectiveness, as well as other relevant customer metrics, and collaborates across departments in order to align data presentment and other outcomes with client data needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilizes advanced data manipulation techniques while extracting, querying, transforming and loading data as needed in support of various reporting and analysis needs.
- Performs data analysis of information gathered, and develop recommendations/actions to be taken based on the applicable information. Analyzes data/information and creates data visualization, reporting and presentation of insights developed through the analysis.
- Acts as a point of contact with a wide range of clients regarding business problems as they relate to analytics. Handles client expectations related to schedule/timeline.
- Presents insights and data through written and data visualization. Leads department and team level presentations on data insights.
- Works effectively and collaborates with other team members and across the organization.
- Maintains current knowledge and awareness of technical developments in the field of data analytics.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).