SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Acts as a Billing and Credit subject matter expert and leads a variety of regulatory projects and key company initiatives. Provides technical and program support for various Billing programs such as implementation and optimization of new software tools. Provides analytics to monitor operational metrics and trends, in addition to identifying efficiencies and system issues. Provides critical communication, support, and guidance to Customer Operations Leadership.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages projects and deadlines to ensure business goals and objectives are met. This includes data analysis, modeling and process management. Participates on project teams by working with others to write requirements and perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT). Implements optimization efforts in daily operations. Reads and understands tariffs and procedures applicable to Customer Operations; works with Regulatory, Tariff Compliance, and Project groups to ensure any changes to business process are compliant. Consults internally and across business units to improve efficiencies within Customer Operations. Supports Tier 1 SOX Coordinator activities.
- Provides technical assistance to Customer Operations through the support of programs, technology and strategic applications. Documents processes and procedures to be utilized during system upgrades or outages. Serves as a Customer Operations liaison on projects and company initiatives to resolve issues. Supports Customer Operations with technical advice, research, and data to address operational needs of the organization.
- Leads or aids in the design, development and implementation of new processes. Assists in day-to-day operations by understanding primary operational processes and key drivers to make recommendations for corrective actions if necessary. Partners with leadership to provide expert knowledge and complex analysis to develop and implement strategies. Performs initial investigations and research to develop project plans for assigned projects and tasks specific to the expertise or knowledge required for the position.
- Provides implementation support and optimization of new software tools associated with departmental projects. Monitors performance of recent program implementations and makes adjustments as required to achieve desired results.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).