Construction Management Specialist (21-58764)
At SDG&E, we are committed to the community we call home, delivering clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people we serve in San Diego and southern Orange counties. Our commitment means 40% of the energy that SDG&E delivers to customers comes from renewable sources, exceeding California’s Renewable Portfolio Standard. We are modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure safe and reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. Learn more about our commitment to delivering clean, safe and reliable energy HERE.
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Schedule and oversee progress and due dates of SDG&E contractor construction work from contractor assignment through construction completion. Negotiate priorities of contractor construction work with multiple budget owners and communicate and re-negotiate dates due to workload and field conditions. Work with contractors to set priority of work and adjust schedules due to changes in workloads. Meet with supervisors, contractors and Supply Management to refine schedules and resolve any problems or issues. This position is the central point of contact, responsible for all aspects of work negotiating timelines with communication to all responsible parties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops schedules with project/budget owners for all field work completed by contractors, setting priorities for maximum efficiency.
- Primary contact for internal/external clients. Troubleshoots and resolves issues/problems or to convey process changes as they pertain to contractors or Contract Administrators.
- Analyzes job estimates to determine value of purchase order to be released for contractor billing and monitor level of contractor spend on each purchase order. Determines proper contracting methodology based on dollar threshold; reviews invoices for correctness and compliance with all company rules and regulations.
- Maintains information programs/applications to ensure accuracy/correctness and all workflow schedules are current. Conducts training for Contract Administrators and assist in resolving any issues or problems.
- Perform other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- 3 years – Scheduling or managing projects related to utility construction/planning, including 2 years of experience working with CCMS (SAP), DPSS, ECM or equivalent is required.
- Must have the ability to handle a high volume of work.
- Must have knowledge of accounting and be able to audit past and current billing documents or payments.
- The ability to work with teams and be responsible for workflow and output.
- Must be highly proficient in the MS Office applications (Access, Excel, Word and Outlook). Must be willing and able to travel throughout SDGE’s service territory.
- Bachelor’s degree is desired.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.