Compliance and Risk Management Coordinator – 21-61550
SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Provides technical and communication support to risk management functions and Compliance, including coordinating and assisting communications on risk management efforts, updating risk learning modules, maintaining database in Risk Management system and other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs administrative and other critical supporting duties for Risk Management, Operations Risk Management and Compliance departments: Coordinates and maintains safety and records retention processes. Timekeeping, employee reimbursements, event coordination, executive presentation and reporting and meeting scheduling and other financial records. Welcomes, directs visitors, answers telephones, answers general questions and makes directed referrals as appropriate. Reviews written material for accuracy and completeness; checks calculations for accuracy; reconciles report data; maintains complex accounting ledgers, petty cash funds, inventory, etc. Makes travel arrangements for department staff.
- Provides communication and technical support to risk management departments: Writes or prepares communication material for PowerUp or company website on risk management efforts. Coordinates and cooperates with other departments in developing and maintaining risk management website. Conducts research and implement best practices in risk communication. Creates and maintains department website. Provides key and critical support project and work stream analysis, decision-making and support. Responsible for strategic support to department’s leadership group, assisting in supporting and developing strategy for various CPUC filings, for contracts with consultants, and other strategic activities. Assumes responsibility for specific priority work, sensitive and confidential projects, and is responsible for collaboration, work schedules, task orientation, work assignments and completion. Provides task prioritization, activity management, and key process support for department managers.
- Provides data entry, analysis and technical support to risk management system: Maintains and update risk information in Archer system. Develops, maintains and updates risk procedures for market activity and credit policies. Update risk learning/training modules. Maintains risk function modules pertaining to CPUC audits as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- High School Diploma/GED High School or equivalent required.
- 3-5 years of related experience required.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with all levels of management and non-management.
- Bachelor’s Degree Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in communication, business administration or related field is desired.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.