SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
In support of the strategic business goals and business objectives of San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E), the community relations manager is responsible for planning, developing, implementing and evaluating community involvement and charitable contributions strategies and programs. The community relations manager is also responsible for fostering and maintaining a positive company image; supporting business units and executives in their community involvement efforts and planning, implementing, and coordinating employee involvement programs. Maintain relationships with nonprofit organizations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and implement community relations plans and programs in support of business unit strategic goals and objectives. Develop and implement community relations programs that support the company’s corporate philanthropy goals, citizenship agenda and positively impact company reputation. Ensure Community Relations programs and plans are integrated with appropriate business unit organizations (e.g. External Relations, Customer Services, Operations, etc.).
- Review and evaluate external requests for company-related memberships, dues, giving and involvement, and implement external programs with selected organizations and media (as appropriate). Manage contributions budget.
- Build, sustain and enhance relationships with key community, business, and opinion leaders. Develop and maintain professional working relationships with community leaders and philanthropic organizations in the business units’ territories. Maintain a current knowledge and awareness of public opinion/reaction to external events/issues in order to proactively manage community relations.
- Coach, counsel and support business unit leadership regarding their community involvement. Develop, implement, and/or coordinate employee involvement programs and activities that support company goals.
- Serve as company spokesperson, sharing the company’s position, when appropriate, and represent the company at meetings and community functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).