SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Supports the Community Relations Department in the administration execution of community engagement goals, programs, events, and projects. Responsible for providing administrative, operational, compliance, and technical support for the Department’s daily activities, including office administration, program support, invoicing, and grants tracking. Also prepares articles and other written materials for internal and external community events and employee engagement programs, as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in event administration, planning, coordination, and execution for company employee engagement and community events, including (1) assisting in the management of executive participation at company-sponsored external community and internal employee engagement events, (2) coordination of invitations and participation of employees and company guest at external company-sponsored events, and (3) placement of community relations advertisements.
- Assist in the day-to-day tracking and reporting of charitable giving budget data and employee giving data, and preparation of statistical reports for SDG&E management and Sempra Energy Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Management of hospitality assets, including issuing and tracking invitations to executives, employees, and external guests.
- Preparation of articles and other written materials for internal and external communications of community events and employee engagement programs, as needed.
- Support for the daily activities of the SDG&E and Sempra Energy Community Relations departments, including inventory management and distribution of company promotional items for use at community and employee functions. Process vendor invoices, setup new vendors in company database, create and manage renewals of service agreements, submit monthly employee expense reports, maintain inventory for material issued and used at company events
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).