Clean Transportation Policy Project Manager
SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Responsible for leading a team to develop workable public policy strategies, positions and mechanisms that support Clean Transportation’s business plans and objectives. Consults with subject matter experts, business and financial analysts and operational departments in crafting comprehensive and consistent positions and arguments that position Clean Transportation to achieve its strategies in the market and in the regulatory and legislative arenas. Develops and implements strategic clean transportation policy initiatives. Partners with key stakeholders in Sacramento and San Francisco offices to influence strategic clean transportation policy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides oversight and drives the preparation of clean transportation policy position papers, analytical studies, direct testimony and rebuttal arguments to be used in clean transportation regulatory proceedings and review of discovery responses. In conjunction with subject matter experts and operating departments, analyzes alternative legislative/regulatory approaches to important business issues and presents balanced and objective summaries to senior management for decision-making.
- Manages the public policy efforts for clean transportation. Coordinates efforts to develop and implement strategic clean transportation policy initiatives. Creates and develops relationships with internal and external stakeholders that influence strategic policy and business issues and seeks mutually satisfactory positions.
- Responsible for employee coaching, performance management, and training.
- Provides expertise in clean transportation public policy matters. Will be required to testify at regulatory and legislative hearings.
- Primary liaison with external agencies including CPUC, CEC, CARB and other regulatory agencies for clean transportation business matters.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).