Clean Transportation Policy Manager – #21-58707
At SDG&E, we are committed to the community we call home, delivering clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people we serve in San Diego and southern Orange counties. Our commitment means 40% of the energy that SDG&E delivers to customers comes from renewable sources, exceeding California’s Renewable Portfolio Standard. We are modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure safe and reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. Learn more about our commitment to delivering clean, safe and reliable energy HERE.
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Responsible for development of workable public policy and market development strategies, positions and mechanisms that support Clean Transportation’s business plans and objectives. Consults with subject matter experts, business and financial analysts and operational departments in crafting comprehensive and consistent positions and arguments that position Clean Transportation to achieve its strategies in the market and in the regulatory and legislative arenas. Develops and implements strategic clean transportation policy initiatives. Partners with key stakeholders in Sacramento and San Francisco offices to influence strategic clean transportation policy. Manages Clean Transportation key account market development strategy to guide customers to optimize their sustainability commitments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides oversight and drives the preparation of clean transportation policy position papers, analytical studies, direct testimony, and rebuttal arguments to be used in clean transportation regulatory proceedings and review of discovery responses. In conjunction with subject matter experts and operating departments, analyzes alternative legislative/regulatory approaches to important business issues and presents balanced and objective summaries to senior management for decision-making.
- Manages the public policy efforts for clean transportation. Coordinates efforts to develop and implement strategic clean transportation policy initiatives. Creates and develops relationships with internal and external stakeholders that influence strategic policy and business issues and seeks mutually satisfactory positions.
- Provides expertise in clean transportation public policy matters. Will be required to testify at regulatory and legislative hearings.
- Primary liaison with external agencies including CPUC, CEC, CARB and other regulatory agencies for clean transportation business matters.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- A Bachelor’s in Engineering, Economics, Business, Accounting, Political Science, law, public policy or related or equivalent training and/or experience.
- 6+ Years of Related experience.
- 5+ Years experience in the energy industry and in policy-related areas.
- Thorough working knowledge of the energy industry and changing state/federal regulatory environments is preferred.
- An MBA or advanced degree is desired.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status