SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Serves as the primary lead for coordinating with all customer-facing organizations within SDG&E, as well as employees, customers and critical stakeholders within the service area. This position is responsible for managing relationships with community, city, state and federal organizations. This position is critical to support one of SDG&E’s strategic growth areas representing Clean Transportation programs and initiatives within the company to ensure that a company coordinated, forward-looking approach is used in the development and managing of programs, events, products and services, and ensure their successful implementation in order to deliver and support a positive customer experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and manages all aspects of several Clean Transportation programs outreach and education efforts from planning, external vendor relationships, communications, resources, budget, change, risks and issues to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives. Organize customer outreach and support meetings with stakeholders. Serves as the liaison with other utilities, trade allies and market players involved with Clean Transportation to share plans, points of view, successes, lessons learned, etc., and incorporate into SDG&E efforts when appropriate. Monitors, tracks and controls outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables.
- Builds and fosters relationships with program participants and market participants. Develops communication plans and pursue opportunities to speak publicly about initiatives and programs critical to the success of Clean Transportation. Conduct external outreach and serve as spokesperson for Clean Transportation in coordination with Media Relations. Reviews and supplies content for media and other external communications. Coordinate with Residential Services, Customer Operations, Billing and Customer Services regarding the educational content and positioning of EV subject matter in the customer and stakeholder space. Manages relationships with community organizations; secure letters of support for future Clean Transportation filings external channels such as Cleantech San Diego, SANDAG, and local governments.
- Develops education and advocacy strategy. Manages direct report(s) through execution of this strategy by securing opportunities to speak publicly about initiatives and programs critical to the success of Clean Transportation. Identifies conferences and outreaches opportunities for the team to participate in. Manages resource development of presentations, coordination of logistics for the event, and other tasks to ensure a productive forum to educate customers about electric vehicles and state incentive programs to help encourage adoption of electric vehicles. Completes performance reviews and staff development; coaches, mentors, motivates and supervises project team.
- Collaborates with internal resources and organizations to execute education and outreach program, such as media relations, employee communications, customer programs and communications, community relations and pricing plan team. Supports messaging and “frequently asked questions” and content development for call center training for EV support.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).