Clean Transportation Customer Engagement Advisor (21-58913)
At SDG&E, we are committed to the community we call home, delivering clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people we serve in San Diego and southern Orange counties. Our commitment means 40% of the energy that SDG&E delivers to customers comes from renewable sources, exceeding California’s Renewable Portfolio Standard. We are modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure safe and reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. Learn more about our commitment to delivering clean, safe and reliable energy HERE.
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Responsible for the strategic development, management, and implementation of Clean Transportation marketing, outreach, and education strategies throughout SDG&E’s service territory, including community events, education campaigns, and stakeholder presentations. Acts as a point of contact and company liaison to key community stakeholders to ensure they are informed on SDG&E’s electric vehicle initiatives and programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategically identifies and evaluates potential external and internal marketing, education and outreach activities associated with Clean Transportation and electric vehicles. Manages the event planning process and coordination of outreach events including set up, registration, contract staffing, program materials, breakdown and post-event reporting as well as serving as the primary customer contact.
- Collaborates and strategically plans with internal stakeholders to design and implement innovative outreach strategies and tactics based on Clean Transportation’s department and program goals and objectives. Works with various internal departments including but not limited to Community Relations, Regional Public Affairs, Corp Communication & Marketing, Sustainability, and Customer Programs. Provides strategic community market intelligence on electric vehicle market/industry changes, SDG&E initiatives, and program offerings. Additionally, maintains relationships with key influential community partners including local automotive dealerships and community-based organizations. Prepares customized presentations to both internal and external stakeholders on various topics including program updates.
- Manages the marketing, outreach, and education team’s tracking and evaluation tools needed for its internal and external reporting including SharePoint, internal CRM, and other tools. Responsible for capturing and reporting program tactics and findings to regulatory entities.
- Assist supervisor in preparing invoices for approval. Assist with monitoring the outreach team’s budgets including forecasting, tracking, reporting, and analyzing budget results. Manages community event and contract staffing calendars.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree Business, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or equivalent professional experience is required.
- 5 years – Related work experience in a customer facing role interacting with key internal and external stakeholders. Strong aptitude for project management, strong interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical skills is required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.
- Able to effectively prioritize several competing tasks simultaneously, meet tight deadlines and produce results while working cross-departmentally on multiple initiatives.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a diverse array of internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to identify issues, analyze data, take initiative, and develop, recommend, and implement solutions.
- Able to communicate (verbal and written) technical information in a clear and concise manner to both a technical and non-technical audience.
- Conversational Spanish language, i.e. ability to read, write, present and comprehend is desired.
- Knowledge of overall Company operations with working knowledge of Clean Transportation’s programs.
- Class C Driver’s License to drive company vehicle to and from internal and external events
- Available for flexible hours (nights and weekends)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.