SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Develops, conducts and analyzes certified laboratory and field analyses and physical/chemical testing to support Company operations and to ensure compliance with Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program (ELAP) and other approved test methods. Provides oversight for metal testing for soils for export and disposal and Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCBs) solids. Provides guidance for the Lab Technicians, ensuring ELAP SOPs, project support, equipment coding, profiling, quality control and overall customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures compliance in ELAP and other approved test methods. Provides technical assistance, and training to Laboratory Technicians. Fosters and maintains relationships with clients, colleagues and team. Ensure cost competitiveness and timeliness of service is being maintained within the work group.
- Develops and conducts testing programs and procedures on oils, soils, hazardous waste, wastewater, gases, and emissions using instrumental and wet chemical approved methods.
- Analyzes, interprets, and reviews quantitative and qualitative test data. Conducts quality control/quality assurance and make recommendations to management on procedures, techniques, and corrective measures necessary to comply with government regulations.
- Calibrates and conducts routine maintenance and troubleshoot problems with laboratory equipment and field instruments.
- Prepares and updates laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), procedures, and manuals to maintain compliance with approved methods and protocols.
- Maintains expertise on new advancements in technologies and techniques and make recommendations for laboratory improvements.
- Continuously investigates and implements operational efficiencies to increase throughput, reduce costs, and streamline processes and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Bachelor’s Degree Chemistry or science.
- 3 years – Experience in analytical testing EPA methodology 8000 series for GC, GC/MS and ICP.
- Ability to conduct and analyze complex data and present as useful information.
- Working knowledge of ELAP Certification Standards and general test methods.
- Ability to lead and work in team environment.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail.
- Strong proficiencies in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Master’s Degree Chemistry or science is desired.
- Weekend work and after hours response may be required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status