SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Works within the Supply Management organization to maximize the value that is delivered using a category management framework including contract oversight and execution. Collaborates with internal stakeholders, supply chain teams, and suppliers to use continuous improvement techniques to improve internal Business Unit and supply chain outcomes. This role is critical to supporting Supply Management as a value-adding partner to the business by providing solutions to business and operational supply chain challenges, improving processes to reduce total costs of ownership, and maintaining a strategic approach to procurement and supply management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages and coordinates all contracting activities for medium to large-scale categories, ranging from $85M to $200M in annual spend. Leads negotiations of complex, high risk agreements, oversees all stages of strategic procurement, contract oversight, review and execution.
- Supervises, plans, manages, and assumes complete responsibility for all activities and processes associated with the categories assigned including directly performing contracting duties.
- Monitors and assesses market of assigned categories to anticipate potential disruptions due to regulatory, political, commercial climates and natural disasters. Develops exposure/impact analysis and implements avoidance or mitigation measures.
- Meets with internal customers to understand their needs, requirements, and plans. Analyzes historical spend trends, forecasting future spend based on demand planning, builds should cost models, calculates total cost of ownership (TCO). Creates supplier profiles and conducts market research to identify new suppliers
- Performs thorough analysis to support the development, execution and management of category plans that identify opportunities for operational efficiencies, drive cost savings, manage/mitigate risk, improve safety, drive innovation, and ensure the continuous development of categories managed.
- Works with Business Units to develop and manage tools to track supplier performance (ex: scorecards), communicates supplier performance metrics to relevant stakeholders on a regular basis, collaborates with key suppliers and Business Units to identify potential areas for improvement. Interprets contractual obligations and manages conflict resolution with suppliers/contractors and stakeholders to drive resolution and formalizes outcome contractually.
- Provides direction and guidance to Business Units on all Supply Management matters to ensure compliance with company procurement policies and best practices. Coordinates cross functional team discussions with representatives from Business Units for stakeholder alignment, Divers Business Enterprise, Supply Operations, Insurance & Risk Advisory, Safety, Tax, Cybersecurity, Audit, Privacy, and Legal on complex projects and contracting issues
- May supervise direct reports and mentor department staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).