Business Systems Analyst/Sr. Business Systems Analyst – 21-59364
SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
The Business System Analyst (BSAII) in the Field Technology Solutions department is tasked with helping the business meet its goals and objectives by using broad IT and business knowledge to implement and support IT solutions which address business needs. These applications include ARCOS, SORT, EPOCH, Contractor Mobility, Click Schedule/Click Mobile and PowerWorkz. Business Systems Analyst also partners with the Field Hardware Support team (FHS) to resolve user challenges. BSA11 develops requirements, facilitates/conducts Business Domain testing, and provides training to ensure that the IT solution reflects the functionality necessary to address business goals and objectives. Provides application support to ensure that end-user issues are managed to resolution. Identifies, develops, and implements effective technology solutions that address moderately complex initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and manages requirements to ensure that the IT solution reflects the functionality necessary to address business goals and objectives. Includes data analysis, modeling and process management as part of requirements facilitation. Model systems and data to a logical level, user interface design and prototyping, decision tables/trees, data flows, modeling and processes using various notation (use cases, class diagrams, activity diagrams, business process modeling notation.).
- Provides application support to ensure that end-user issues are managed to resolution.
- Facilitates and executes Business Domain Testing and may participate in Quality Assurance domain level testing to ensure that the IT solution reflects the functionality necessary to address business goals and objectives.
- Identifies, develops and implements effective technology solutions that address moderately complex initiatives.
- Develops and conducts user training to assure proper operation of systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Bachelor’s Degree Business, information technology, related field or equivalent training and experience.
- 3 years – Related experience.
- Knowledge of project management in the areas requirements development, business domain testing and training.
- Writing unambiguous, verified requirements to a testable level (functional and non-functional requirements).
- Strong knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Strong knowledge of project management methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of testing methodology and tools.
- Strong knowledge of technology system interfaces and data integration; networks, operating systems.
- Strong knowledge of business; process, roles/responsibility, industry.
- Data analysis and Organization modeling.
- Requirements workshops/interviews/observation.
- Decision and costs benefit analysis.
- Strong communications (oral and written), interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Facilitation and Organizational skills.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Detail oriented and committed to a high level of accuracy.
Licenses and Certifications
- Certificate in business or information technology.
This position may be filled at a higher level based on qualifications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.