Business Systems Analyst – II
Note: This position may be filled at a higher level based upon experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. This position may work remote for a temporary period. Candidates must have the ability to report to our San Diego office when/if necessary.
At SDG&E, we are committed to the community we call home, delivering clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people we serve in San Diego and southern Orange counties. Our commitment means 40% of the energy that SDG&E delivers to customers comes from renewable sources, exceeding California’s Renewable Portfolio Standard. We are modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure safe and reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. Learn more about our commitment to delivering clean, safe and reliable energy HERE.
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
The Business System Analyst (BSA) is tasked with helping Capital Programs meet its objectives and goals by using broad IT and business knowledge to implement IT solutions which address business needs. Develops requirements, facilitates/conducts Business Domain testing, and provides training to ensure that the IT solution reflects the functionality necessary to address project goals and objectives. Provides application support to ensure that end-user issues are managed to resolution. Identifies, develops and implements effective technology solutions that address moderately complex initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and manages requirements to ensure that the IT solution reflects the functionality necessary to address project goals and objectives. Includes data analysis, modeling and process management as part of requirements facilitation. Models systems and data to a logical level, user interface design and prototyping, decision tables/trees, data flows, modeling and processes using various notation (use cases, class diagrams, activity diagrams, business process modeling notation.)
- Provides application support to ensure that end-user issues are managed to resolution
- Facilitates and executes Business Domain Testing and may participate in Quality Assurance domain level testing to ensure that the IT solution reflects the functionality necessary to address project goals and objectives.
- Identify, develop and implement effective technology solutions that address moderately complex initiatives.
- Develop and conduct user training to assure proper operation of systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, information technology, related field or equivalent training and experience.
- 3 years related experience.
- Knowledge of project management in the areas requirements development, business domain testing and training.
- Writing unambiguous, verified requirements to a testable level (functional and non-functional requirements).
- Strong knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Strong knowledge of project management methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of testing methodology and tools.
- Strong knowledge of technology system interfaces and data integration; networks, operating systems.
- Strong knowledge of business; process, roles/responsibility, industry.
- Data analysis and Organization modeling.
- Requirements workshops/interviews/observation.
- Decision and costs benefit analysis.
- Strong communications (oral and written), interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Facilitation and Organizational skills.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Detail oriented and committed to a high level of accuracy.
- Certificate in business or information technology.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.