At SDG&E, we are committed to the community we call home, delivering clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people we serve in San Diego and southern Orange counties. Our commitment means 40% of the energy that SDG&E delivers to customers comes from renewable sources, exceeding California’s Renewable Portfolio Standard. We are modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure safe and reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. Learn more about our commitment to delivering clean, safe and reliable energy HERE.
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
The scope of this position includes policy strategy development and execution, compliance with CPUC requirements, leadership and guidance to staff, supporting regulatory filings, review and contribution on legislative bills, rate analyses, gas transportation reporting, and operational support. Responsible for managing the development of reporting solutions and utilizing data analytics that support Business Services operational activities. Duties include: managing a staff to provide a variety of back office support functions and data analyses to customers, collaborating with internal stakeholders, reviewing and providing input on legislative bills and regulatory proceedings, and developing and maintaining an operational dashboard and reports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee team to maintain highly responsive and excellent customer service to assigned customers, service providers, and internal clients to provide a variety of back office support functions and data analyses.
- Develop policy positions and review regulatory filings and other materials for regulatory proceedings, which includes being a CPUC witness; review legislative bills and provide analysis and input; and communicate and provide policy/procedure guidance to department teams.
- Implement continuous improvements to support services, operations, and analysis tools.
- Execute detailed and accurate rate change communication plans.
- Ensure that CPUC policies and procedures are adhered to across the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).