At SDG&E, we are committed to the community we call home, delivering clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people we serve in San Diego and southern Orange counties. Our commitment means 40% of the energy that SDG&E delivers to customers comes from renewable sources, exceeding California’s Renewable Portfolio Standard. We are modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure safe and reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. Learn more about our commitment to delivering clean, safe and reliable energy HERE.
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Provide analytical support to all areas of Sempra Energy and its business units with regard to electric demand and energy forecasting, load research and analysis, measurement and evaluation, customer end-use analysis, customer load profiles and other operational and regulatory-related issues. Assists in providing analytical support for internal analyses, and helps develop strategies in support of regulatory proceedings, before FERC, the CPUC, the CEC and other regulatory agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides analytical support in the development of load information and forecasts related to system loads, energy sales, customer usage and demand response programs for internal analyses and various state and federal regulatory proceedings. Develops, analyzes and interprets a wide range of technical and specialized data using economic or statistical methods.
- Conducts statistical studies of energy utilization. Develops load forecasts and other relevant usage factors by customer class, business type, and individuals within the broad scope of regulatory, demand response, energy efficiency and advanced metering objectives.
- Utilizes and maintains complex load analysis and forecasting models, methodologies and databases, updating as necessary to reflect regulatory and industry changes.
- Provides analytical support to other areas of Sempra Energy and its business units regarding the development of fact-based integrated analyses and evaluation of pricing, demand response and business proposals including new programs and optional rates.
- Meets regulatory reporting requirements and presents findings and recommendations to management through reports, presentations, or other direct communications.
- Provides analytical support to various areas (e.g. Business Units, Case Management and Legal) in the development of testimony exhibits, workpapers and data request responses that support Sempra Energy’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Interfaces with the internal and external personnel as needed to develop proper analyses for forecasting and load analysis rate-related concepts and issues. Monitors market, regulatory and legislative environments.
- Supports the development of management recommendations concerning Sempra Energy’s regulatory policies and strategies to maximize both shareholder and customer value. Provides analytical support for regulatory proposals and develops models as needed that support corporate goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).