Automotive Parts Handler – 21-60108
SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Order, receive, issue, and stock various types of automotive parts and tools using parts catalogs; checks vendors’ charges and invoices for accuracy; checks quality of parts received; suggests alternative parts; deals with parts vendors; perform other related duties as assigned or required.
- Must have good safety habits.
- Must have a minimum of five years auto parts counter experience or possess a current ASE P1 (medium / heavy duty truck dealership specialist) or ASE Parts P2 (general light duty parts specialist) or ASE P3 (medium / heavy duty truck after-market parts specialist) certification.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the parts and equipment catalogs and of stock on hand.
- Must assist in the procurement of parts in order to meet the demands of the maintenance crews.
- Must have the ability to place order requests and be able to communicate by telephone to supply proper parts to persons in the field or garages.
- Must have experience utilizing Microsoft Office and computer based parts management systems.
- Must be physically able to do manual labor.
- Must have the ability to absorb formal training and successfully complete formal training sessions.
- Must have a valid California driver’s license.
- Must be willing to work various assigned shifts.
Candidates should be aware that this position, as is the case in most positions within the Company, requires successful bidders to work overtime, which includes extended days, call-outs for emergency work, weekend work and holiday work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.