Associate – Tenaska Marketing Venture
This position is an entry level position. The incumbent will be trained in the various departments within Tenaska Marketing Ventures. Providing support to the scheduling, market risk, structured products and risk management areas. This position is also responsible for providing accurate data to customers and to other department employees within TMV.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides support for accurately nominating TMV’s natural gas purchases, sales and storage activity under service agreements with transmission companies and storage facilities as well as nominations for asset management customers
- Responsible for acquiring a working knowledge of gas transmission pipeline systems, including monitoring transmission company information systems for operational changes/constraints and for rate/fuel information
- Provides support for monitoring natural gas imbalances between TMV suppliers, markets, storage facilities and transmission companies to ensure that imbalances do not exceed acceptable limits
- Enters nomination activity (original and intraday) into TMV’s gas nomination system according to internal accounting methodologies
- Partner with Analysts to support management and updating market derived inputs to the valuation and risk measurement process
- Respond to specific inquiries from management on valuation and risk-related topics
- Provide quantitative support to the Head Traders and Physical Traders, as well as Management with respect to market data and deal valuation
- Support Analysts in developing techniques for valuation improvement
- Use spreadsheets and statistical software to develop a range of values and risks for proposed deals
- Consult with company deal originators about alternatives or additions to proposed deal structures
- Prepare the case for each deal that may require additional approval
- Assist with deal and GMS questions for various TMV departments including Trading, Scheduling, Market Risk, Structured Products, Contract Compliance, Contract Administration and Accounting
- Identify, comprehend, and capture the risk of all trades and structured deals into the risk books
- Ensure that all trading activities are within the risk management policies and procedures tolerance levels
- Follow existing processes in place in order to compile risk reports
- Reliable, predictable and dependable attendance is a requirement.
- Results – Consistently completes assigned tasks and projects by meeting or preceding deadlines, and exceeding expectations of supervisor. Analyzes problems and makes well-reasoned, sound decisions. Plans, organizes and prioritizes workload to make best use of resources. Displays drive and initiative. Leads change and can translate business strategy into specific goals.
- Customer Focus – Viewed as business partner by customer. Able to independently anticipate and act upon internal and external customer needs. Deals effectively with changes in priorities, unexpected events or unanticipated demands. Delivers service that consistently exceeds quality standards.
- Communication Skills – Candid, clear and concise in communication. Effectively matches style, tone and method to audience. Listens and often asks appropriate questions when necessary. Communicates information to others in a positive and professional manner. Exemplifies confidence when communicating with all levels of management.
- Teamwork – Accepts responsibility as a team member and works to create high morale. Actively attentive to the concerns of others and the development of their potential. Interacts successfully with people of all levels. Effectively delegates work and responsibility to achieve positive results.
- Job Knowledge – Outstanding knowledge in job and/or department. Constantly strives to gain additional expertise and knowledge. Seeks out assignments or opportunities to broaden or strengthen skills. Uses knowledge in creative and effective manner. Inspires others to stay current in technical expertise.
- Technical Skills – Holds himself/herself and others to high standards. He/she strives to maintain technical expertise, is proactive and inspires others.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Office Outlook
- Strong analytical background and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Business or related field
- One year of customer service skills preferred
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks and multiple directions on a daily basis
- Effective communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Ability to listen and exhibit effective customer service skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and meet deadlines
- High personal standards for performance and integrity
- Travel: 0-10%
Ability to use standard office equipment such as PC, telephone, calculator, printer, copy and fax machines. Position may require extended work hours on short notice. All work will be performed in an indoor office environment and may require extended periods of sitting, standing and bending and typing/data entry.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
The job will require sitting in an indoor office environment, the need to visually read various written materials including, but not limited to paper documents and computer monitors. The job may also require standing, bending, walking, lifting up to 10 lbs., carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, kneeling, crouching, driving, and airline travel. The incumbent will have the ability to use standard office equipment such as PC, printer, telephone, calculator, and copy and fax machines. Travel required to meetings in other office buildings including local and domestic.
Tenaska is an equal opportunity employer.
Bachelors or better in Accounting or related field.
Bachelors or better in Business Administration or related field.
Bachelors or better in Economics or related field.