Associate Material & Logistics Planner (21-59161)
Our commitment means 40% of the energy that SDG&E delivers to customers comes from renewable sources, exceeding California’s Renewable Portfolio Standard. We are modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure safe and reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. Learn more about our commitment to delivering clean, safe and reliable energy HERE.
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Manages and directs small to moderate-scale, project material requirements for already established SDG&E jobs. Collaborates/Advises for the development of schedule, sequencing and resource requirements. Prepares, negotiates and approves material purchases, returns and exchanges with suppliers and construction contractors. Provides direction and advice to large groups of Third Party Logistics providers (1 – 5).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages and coordinates all material & equipment related activities leading to the successful completion of all SDG&E projects including project timelines, cost containment and design review/validation.
- Provides appropriate direction/advise to construction contractors, Third Party Logistics providers, material & equipment suppliers, freight haulers and project team on the procurement, pick-up and delivery of all materials for upcoming jobs.
- Purchases material & equipment for all SDG&E projects and advises clients of need to use existing/substitute products to avoid additional purchases, reducing unnecessary cost exposure to SDG&E.
- Analyzes material & equipment lead times and provides timely decisions/advise to create schedules and assign jobs consistent with operational business priorities for SDG&E and contractors; including budgetary decisions to minimize crew overtime exposure.
- Develops/advises on team project and organizational goals. Evaluates performance/costs against goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- H.S. Diploma/GED High School Diploma or GED.
- 1 year – SDG&E gas and electric material knowledge experience.
- 2 years – Overall related experience.
- Project management knowledge required with an emphasis on logistics and supply.
- Must be able to assess the potential financial impact of project material equipment costs to the Company.
- Must possess the ability to review complex problems and propose innovative solutions.
- Strong communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree Finance, Business, related major, or equivalent training and experience.
- Project management certification.
- Strong knowledge of SAP and the Microsoft suite of Office software, particularly Excel is very desirable.
**This position maybe filled at a higher level **
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.