Associate Gas Scheduling Analyst
This position is an entry level position. The incumbent will be trained to be personally responsible for the accurate and timely nominations of natural gas purchases, sales, storage, asset management and transmission agreements for the benefit of TMV customers. This position is also responsible for providing accurate data to customers and to other department employees within TMV.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides support for accurately nominating TMV’s natural gas purchases, sales and storage activity under service agreements with transmission companies and storage facilities as well as nominations for asset management customers
- Responsible for adhering to strict time constraints for all original and intraday nominations, which includes providing all the pertinent information required by the transmission company
- Responsible for acquiring a working knowledge of gas transmission pipeline systems, including monitoring transmission company information systems for operational changes/constraints and for rate/fuel information
- Provides support for monitoring natural gas imbalances between TMV suppliers, markets, storage facilities and transmission companies to ensure that imbalances do not exceed acceptable limits
- Enters nomination activity (original and intraday) into TMV’s gas nomination system according to internal accounting methodologies
- Communicates with necessary TMV personnel and customers regarding any deviations from the originally scheduled natural gas nomination.
- Contributes to verification of accurate invoices from identified transmission companies
- Reliable, predictable and dependable attendance is a requirement.
- Results – Consistently completes assigned tasks and projects by meeting or preceding deadlines, and exceeding expectations of supervisor. Analyzes problems and makes well-reasoned, sound decisions. Plans, organizes and prioritizes workload to make best use of resources. Displays drive and initiative. Leads change and can translate business strategy into specific goals.
- Customer Focus – Viewed as business partner by customer. Able to independently anticipate and act upon internal and external customer needs. Deals effectively with changes in priorities, unexpected events or unanticipated demands. Delivers service that consistently exceeds quality standards.
- Communication Skills – Candid, clear and concise in communication. Effectively matches style, tone and method to audience. Listens and often asks appropriate questions when necessary. Communicates information to others in a positive and professional manner. Exemplifies confidence when communicating with all levels of management.
- Teamwork – Accepts responsibility as a team member and works to create high morale. Actively attentive to the concerns of others and the development of their potential. Interacts successfully with people of all levels. Effectively delegates work and responsibility to achieve positive results.
- Job Knowledge – Outstanding knowledge in job and/or department. Constantly strives to gain additional expertise and knowledge. Seeks out assignments or opportunities to broaden or strengthen skills. Uses knowledge in creative and effective manner. Inspires others to stay current in technical expertise.
- Technical Skills – Holds himself/herself and others to high standards. He/she strives to maintain technical expertise, is proactive and inspires others.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Office Outlook
- Strong analytical background and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Business or related field
- One year of customer service skills preferred
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks and multiple directions on a daily basis
- Effective communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Ability to listen and exhibit effective customer service skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and meet deadlines
- High personal standards for performance and integrity
- Travel: 0-10%
Ability to use standard office equipment such as PC, telephone, calculator, printer, copy and fax machines. Position may require extended work hours on short notice. All work will be performed in an indoor office environment and may require extended periods of sitting, standing and bending and typing/data entry.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
The job will require sitting in an indoor office environment, the need to visually read various written materials including, but not limited to paper documents and computer monitors. The job may also require standing, bending, walking, lifting up to 10 lbs., carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, kneeling, crouching, driving, and airline travel. The incumbent will have the ability to use standard office equipment such as PC, printer, telephone, calculator, and copy and fax machines. Travel required to meetings in other office buildings including local and domestic.
Tenaska is an equal opportunity employer.
Bachelors or better in Accounting or related field.