Associate Engineer – R #21-59933
SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Prepares or assists in the preparation of engineering designs, specifications, standards, studies and cost estimates in support of projects and tasks managed by others. Applies technical knowledge and skills toward the resolution of problems and the development of sound technical recommendations. Tasks may include, evaluation of new and existing products or systems, need for designs or specifications, and development of test apparatus or procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Description of Assignments: The associate engineer will have three six month assignments in different engineering areas.
- While in each area the associate engineer will be responsible to successfully complete the “designated training program” for the assigned area, along with certain formal training classes.
- Gather data, perform tests and calculations, and prepare designs to develop technically sound findings, conclusions and recommendations.Follow up on implementation of recommendations and/or acceptance of conclusions to assess accuracy and/or completeness.
- Coordinate all activities leading to the successful completion of tasks including, scoping, cost estimates, permitting, and design.Coordinate input from, and participation with, other engineers and technical specialists within the work group, Company employees in other departments and contractors and/or consultants.
- Provide input to the development of Company standards, specifications and procedures.Participate in, and provide technical input to, review of proposed changes in regulatory requirements affecting codes and standards.Recommend modifications to Company policies and procedures that reflect regulatory changes.
- Stay abreast of the latest changes, trends and technological advancements in the industry through attendance at conferences and seminars, continuing education, literature, etc.Maintain familiarity with Company operations to effectively support client requests.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Bachelor’s Degree Engineering or other technical discipline.
- Either prior to or during the 18 month rotational program the associate engineer must take and pass the “Engineering-in-Training” exam.
- The EIT is required for promotion to the Engineering II level.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.