At SDG&E, we are committed to the community we call home, delivering clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people we serve in San Diego and southern Orange counties. Our commitment means 40% of the energy that SDG&E delivers to customers comes from renewable sources, exceeding California’s Renewable Portfolio Standard. We are modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure safe and reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. Learn more about our commitment to delivering clean, safe and reliable energy HERE.
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Ensure timely and accurate customer billing. Review, analyze and ensure the integrity of interval energy consumption data. Communicate with internal and external customers regarding billing complaints, service changes and meter investigations, high use, and other customer billing inquiries. Assist billing employees resolving complex billing situations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform complex analysis in support of customer or employee inquiries regarding issues such as rate applicability, metering, and billing changes. Analyze accounts to ensure that billing components are accurate and in compliance with CPUC rules prior to assigning to billers for action.
- Handle escalated billing scenarios that require extensive analysis and coordination with other departments throughout the company. Include associates in process to help them understand how to resolve similar issues.
- Investigate and resolve billing inquiries/discrepancies in such areas as Time-Of-Use billing, high bills, stuck/damaged meters and other areas. Prepare billing history reports, provide supporting analysis, apply and explain company policies in various situations. Explain residential and commercial rates and tariff classes as well as company policies and available services to internal and external customers.
- Review bill processing methodologies and systems and recommend changes and improvements. Identify and document process improvements, including step-by-step instructions on departmental procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.