SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Working primarily independently under limited supervision, performs advanced and highly complex administrative/clerical functions including: word processing or typing letters, memoranda and forms, orders supplies, maintains files, answers telephones, schedules appointments/ conferences, makes travel arrangements, receives visitors, and sorts mail.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans or schedules own work.
- Coordinates and/or takes lead responsibility on special projects requiring advanced skills.
- May provide work direction for clerical group; may review work of others; may train others.
- Uses business applications software and peripheral equipment (e.g., complex databases, advanced presentation graphics, detailed spreadsheets using original formulas, operates fax machines, copy machines, etc.).
- Composes correspondence and reports for supervisor’s signature.
- Researches, abstracts and compiles information and data for analyses.
- Reviews written material for accuracy and completeness; checks calculations for accuracy; reconciles report data; maintains complex accounting ledgers, petty cash funds, inventory, etc.
- May process time sheets, payroll, cashiering, budget, expense accounts and other financial records, etc.
- Follows established safety procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).