SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Manages the relationship with large commercial and industrial customers, offering energy solutions and value-added services in the form of energy efficiency programs, rate options, new technologies and new programs. Acts as a single point of contact to ensure customers are informed and comply with all applicable service options, tariffs and rules. Manages all customer’s operational service-related demands, and also achieves energy efficiency, added load and customer satisfaction goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages customer relationship with large commercial and industrial customers. Ensures customer commitment on energy efficiency savings projects or services and demand response programs. Proactively works with the customer on rate issues, energy efficiency programs and other energy related issues. Presents customized presentations to the customer to enhance their understanding of various rate issues and energy efficiency programs. Responds to customer billing inquiries and infrastructure questions. Is accountable to follow all projects to completion insuring exceptional customer service.
- Provides market intelligence including competitive threats; technical developments; industry trends and the impacts of utility policies, government legislation and GHG regulation. Proposes strategies, tactics and new program ideas and partners with staff to enhance the utility’s competitive position in a current or new market, and advises customers on emerging technologies and alternative energy options. Engages customers in a proactive manner to better understand key energy issues and concerns regarding their energy service.
- Leads education efforts with customers on complex tariff and regulatory process. Negotiates and executes all required regulatory contracts, agreements and terms of service. Develops financial analyses for customers to assist with customer energy budget projections. Mobilizes customer support for regulatory and legislative initiatives, typically under tight deadlines. Serves critical role by persuading customers to write support letters and/or participate in regulatory workshops. Provides input to regulatory strategy that reflects customer concerns surrounding rate issues and proposed tariff changes.
- Serves as customer liaison to various internal departments including but not limited to region operations staff, external outreach, Public Affairs, Electric Distribution and Operations. Organizes internal teams to address specific customer issues. Represents customer perspective on infrastructure project development.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).