SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Builds strategies and manages large-scale projects to establish customer support models for vulnerable customers known as Access and Functional Needs (AFN). Ensures compliance with AFN and Disadvantaged Communities proceedings as well as driving regulatory strategy to proactively shape regulatory and legislative mandates and serves as representative of SDG&E externally to highest levels of regulators. Oversees the strategy and execution of collaborating with Community Based Organizations as well as emerging AFN areas, and leads team members to achieve department vision and goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs and manages all activities leading to the successful implementation of strategies and supporting projects. Provides clear objectives and direction to contractors, consultants, and project team on the execution of projects that address a broad range of customers’ needs and meet/exceed regulatory requirements. Develops and implements project parameters (major regulatory filings) and deadlines (calendars, trackers) for project requirements, use of available tools or designing new tools (SharePoint).
- Manages team member overseeing AFN and DAC compliance for regulatory proceedings and determines regulatory impacts and implementation of requirements of the project department. Oversees regulatory reporting, drafts testimony, responds to regulatory data requests and may testify before the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) and other government agencies. Leads IOU committees statewide and regionally.
- Manage team member overseeing strategically supporting our network of community-based organizations (CBOs), those focused on AFN and those not, including the development of innovative solutions to enhance stakeholder relationships. Oversee team member(s) leading the development of support in emerging AFN areas such as clean energy and sustainability.
- Develops strategic recommendations to use customer data to support AFN customers while aligning with company goals. Manages strategy for identifying AFN customers by validating existing data, evaluating existing procedures and enhancing procedures to support meaningful data. Manages across cross-functional team and a wide-range of business units.
- Help to shape processes for new Emergency Operations Center (EOC) AFN seat, manages the integration of new support models for EOC response and serves as AFN EOC responder.
- Responsible for directing, planning, preparation and administration department budgets, process improvements and workforce plans.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).