21-60842 – Senior Gas GIS Specialist
SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
In a lead capacity, oversees, coordinates and performs technical aspects of the job by prioritizing tasks and aligning resources to support Gas GIS Services Department operations. Responsible for the quality control of document review and acceptance, spatial location, and data entry into company systems. Participates in the training and coaching of entry-level and technical staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In a lead capacity, oversees, coordinates and performs technical aspects of the job by prioritizing tasks and aligning resources.
- Responsible for the quality control of document review and acceptance, spatial location, and data entry into company systems.
- Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) in one of the following areas: reconciliation, high pressure, or non-high pressure GIS editing and provides guidance in development of standard products in support of SDG&E Gas data needs.
- Leads key department responsibilities to ensure the development, maintenance and adherence to department and company standards relating to: reconciliation/GIS processes and workflows, document management, data accuracy and quality, and cartographic specifications.
- Establishes and maintains GIS accuracy and mapping standards to meet safety and reliability requirements.
- Assists in training and mentoring of SDG&E and GIS employees.
- Participates on special projects to identify opportunities to improve efficiency and processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including on-call support (no more than 5% of duties).
- Bachelor’s Degree Geography, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Management or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 5 Years Experience of increasing responsibility and knowledge in GIS data processing and knowledge of SDG&E work practices or gas construction standards specifically related to gas distribution and transmission data.
- Advance knowledge and experience in the use of Esri software and extensions for the editing and processing of spatial data for gas transmission and distribution projects required.
- Strong attention to detail required.
- Highly proficient in SAP, Adobe, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office required.
- Highly skilled at leading, organizing and performing tasks under time constraints and deadlines.
- Able to apply and teach effective team and customer service principles and practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Is able to accomplish project tasks in cooperation with other employees.
- Skilled at applying effective team and customer service principles and practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Master’s Degree GIS, Information Systems, Business Management.
To apply for the position, please visit our SDG&E Career Website:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.