21-59676 – Cloud Architect
SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
Drives the overall infrastructure components of the Cloud Center of Excellence. Ensures on boarding of cloud services, standards and governance will be met. As an Infrastructure as code (IaC) focused Cloud Architect, automates repeatable tasks like provisioning, configuration, and deployments for one or multiple services to decrease costs, reduce risks and deploy faster by implementing infrastructure as code. Provides project leadership and mentoring on cross-functional teams to ensure the transformation from traditional systems engineering to Site Reliability Engineering.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes best practices for Infrastructure as Code (IaC) including toolsets, processes and methodologies.
- Responsible for Infrastructure Service lifecycle improvements from inception through deployment, to operations and iterative refining.
- Establishes patterns and provides End to End management of critical IaC flows.
- Provides service design, deployment support, maintenance of IaC services post go-live.
- Effectively partners with and drives change through cross-functional teams to inject high availability (HA) requirements into services, and facilitates smooth non-customer impacting deployments in Development, Test, Quality Assurance (QA) and Production.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field) or equivalent experience.
- 10 years – Relevant experience required, including experience with managing 24×7 operational teams, managing IT infrastructure projects, Business Continuity/Disaster recovery, Architectural Standardization, and IT infrastructure engineering, including 5 years of System Orchestration and Automation experience. Extensive experience in Cloud host provision and management.
- Extensive understanding of Infrastructure Engineering technologies (firewalls, load balancers, storage, monitoring, security, etc.).
- Expert understanding of Infrastructure as a service (IaaS), Platform-as-a-service (PaaS), Infrastructure as code (IaC) and DevOp .
- Expert Scrum Agile experience.
- Expert Configuration management experience.
- Continuous Integration Experience (Azure Dev Ops, AWS Code Pipeline, Jenkins, etc.)
- Ability to communicate technical ideas and strategies effectively.
- Relevant Cloud Certifications.
- 5 years – Experience in design patterns and providing End to End management of critical IaC flows.
- 7 years – Extensive hands on experience in Infrastructure Engineering technologies (firewalls, load balancers, storage, monitoring, security, etc.).
- Responsible to manage 24×7 operational teams.
To apply for the position, please visit our SDG&E Career Website:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.