Advanced Energy Project Associate
Application Deadline: Candidates evaluated on a rolling basis.
Start Date: Immediately
Hyde Engineering Services Inc. (HES) is an electrical and software engineering services company based in Boulder, CO. The projects we work on are first-of-their-kind advanced energy projects ranging from battery storage and microgrids to machine learning for energy markets.
We are helping to facilitate a global change in energy infrastructure with smart and connected projects that exceed our customers’ expectations.
HES is seeking an Advanced Energy Project Associate to support the firm’s growth in multiple business units. HES is rapidly expanding the scope of its business to include some of the most exciting technology developments driving the energy industry today. Candidates will gain first-hand experience in building out a new business unit, as well as interfacing with clients, vendors, and investors.
In this role, you will work with the HES Business Development team in creating the foundation of a new business unit. Important components of the work will include key account project management, supporting client diligence, and client relationship management for multiple advanced energy engagements. Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting project management on a diverse set of advanced energy projects
- Developing client proposals to cultivate a pipeline of new business opportunities
- Creating and maintaining investor-specific pitch decks to support due diligence
- Assisting in growth of the HES data-as-a-service and energy software product line
- Monitoring developments in regional energy markets and create timely investor briefings
- Conducting market research and generate periodic reports to help guide Hyde’s strategy
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) or advanced degree in engineering, business, energy, or finance
- Minimum of 1-3 years work experience in client-facing or partnership development roles
- Experience/familiarity with energy markets, ISO/RTO operations, and electric power systems
- Professionalism in all regards, high standards for deliverable quality, prompt and respectful communication etiquette, and keen attention to detail
- Aesthetic and design sensibilities in developing client/investor-ready content
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear, concise, and accessible way, both in person and in writing (Required)
- Natural tendency to take initiative independently, solve problems creatively, and pursue new skills or knowledge with vigor (Required)
- Self-manager (Required)
Compensation and Logistics
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with candidate experience.
Hyde Engineering Services is currently working remotely due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. When it is safe and appropriate to do so, this position will be based out of company headquarters in Boulder, CO.
Hyde Engineering Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Hyde Engineering is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and your favorite Gantt Chart to email@example.com with subject line “Advanced Energy Project Associate”.